APASWE ELECTION 2017
2017 APASWE Elections
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The APASWE Board of Directors call for nominations for the five vacancies on the APASWE Board that will occur in September 2017.
They are for:
President [currently filled by Fentiny Nugroho (Indonesia)]
Secretary [currently filled by Decha Sungkawan (Thailand)]
Three Committee (Board) Members
- Nominees must be current APASWE Institutional Members (Article 4 Section1, Article 7 §§2 and 3)
- All Nominators (Proposers) and Seconders must be current APASWE members; they may be Institutional or Individual members.
Closing date for nominations: 1 August 2017
Nominations must be received by the Chair of the APASWE 2017 Nominating Committee by close of business, 1 August 2017 your local time.
Email nominations to: email@example.com
Nominations must include:
- A nomination recommendation from both a Nominator and Seconder;
- A brief letter of support from the nominee’s institution stating that the institution will support the APASWE activities of the nominee if they are elected;
- A 200 word statement and 150 word biographical sketch from nominee (in English, and any other language)
- A high resolution photo of the nominee may be supplied; this is optional
You may use the attached form or a similar form with the same information.
We ask that individual nominators limit themselves to nominating only one person for the Committee (Board) member positions.
- Mark Henrickson (Aotearoa New Zealand), Chair;
- Yolanda Ealdama (Philippines);
- Keshav Walke (India)
Functions of positions, nomination procedures (necessary documents), and the schedule of the election are as follows:
The President shall be the head of the Association and shall call and preside at all Association meetings. The President shall appoint all committee chairpersons. It shall be the President’s duty to see to it that all the objectives and functions of the Association are carried out.
The President shall perform other duties, which ordinarily devolve upon the President of the Association. He/she shall sign all important correspondence and give his/her written consent to all disbursements and bank withdrawals authorized by the Board.
The Secretary shall be recorder of all meetings and shall keep all records of the Association and execute directives of the President and Executive Board. He/she shall perform such other duties, which ordinarily devolve upon the Secretary of the Association, [including membership record maintenance.] The Secretary shall update and management of official website. Also, he/she shall prepare of the General Body Meeting, and Executive Board of Directors Meeting.
Committee Members shall serve on various committees and perform other duties which are required for and by the association. They may serve as committee chair, committee member and/or as a single-person in charge. Committees may include the following (or others as designated by the Board):
- Election Procedure Review Committee
- Publications Committee
- Next Conference Committee
- Organizing Committee
- Membership Services
- Constitution Review Committee
- Website Committee
- Regional Rep. for IASSW. The Regional Representative for IASSW shall attend every IASSW meeting and report to APASWE Board and members
The elected Board members shall regularly attend Board meetings and shall perform duties assigned by the President and/or the Board.
1-10 August 2017: Nominating Committee certifies the eligibility of Nominators, Seconders and Nominees, reviews the Nominee’s consent and pledge to attend Board meetings, and institutional support letters. The Nominating Committee will announces final slate for the elections on or about 10 August.
14 August 2017: At least six weeks prior to the date of election the Nominating Committee will send the list of the bona fide nominees with the ballot papers, “Rules and Regulations” and schedules for returning papers. All votes must be received by the Chair of Nominating Committee by 15:00 China Standard Time on 28 September 2017. Election results will be announced during the General Body Meeting of APASWE at the APASWE conference in Shenzhen, PRC.